Explore Maryland by Air Rules
- The program is open to pilots as well as non-pilots.
- Participants can fly, drive or use any other means of transportation to visit the various sites to obtain a stamp. (Check with the airports about any policies, procedures or fees before visiting).
- Participants are not required to be Maryland residents.
- All participants must have an official passport. No alternative booklets etc. will be permitted.
- When visiting a participating airport, museum or FAAST seminar, participants must obtain a corresponding stamp in their passport. All stamps must be made on the designated page for that entry; no other sheets may be inserted into the passport. In the event there is not a stamp in the location please provide some sort of proof (i.e. picture with date, staff signature and date, etc.) that you were there on that date and submit for approval when you submit your passport for prize redemption.
- To receive a stamp from a participating airport, persons must provide a valid photo I.D. corresponding to the name in the passport. Participants may receive only one stamp per visit and one stamp per FAAST seminar. Each person needs to be present at the time of the stamp for their own passport. Sharing books or having someone else get your stamp is not permitted.
- Once a participant has successfully achieved an award level (Fledgling, Albatross or Ace), the passport needs to be mailed to Jaime Giandomenico at Ocean City Airport for review and approval.
Ocean City Municipal Airport
12724 Airport Rd
Berlin, MD 21811
- Once approved, Fledgling and Albatross level awards will be mailed to the participant along with their passport to allow for continued progress towards the Ace level.
- Once approved, Ace level award passports will be given back to the participant at the awards ceremony with their prize.
- Ace level awards will be presented at the annual Maryland Regional Aviation Conference and your passport will be returned with your Ace level prize. Ace level passports must be submitted to MAMA by the date specified above in order to be approved and for the award for that year. If passports for the Ace level are turned in after the deadline date, they will be eligible for the following year awards ceremony.
- There is no deadline for the Fledgling and Albatross levels to be submitted to MAMA.
- Once a participant has reached the Ace level and received their award, they are no longer eligible for further participation or prizes.
- The program and the awards are continuous unless the organization can no longer support the program or the organization decides to end the program, at which point it may be terminated at any time without notice
NOTE: Credit will only be given for FAAST Safety seminars attended in the BWI, Dulles & Philadelphia FSDO.